Saturday, June 04, 2005

Saturday Morning Television

When one such as I has no cable, I need to find other ways of entertaining myself on the weekends instead of watching television. Remember when Saturday morning television was exciting? I remember wanting to get up at 7 a.m. to watch Garfield, Bonkers, and Looney Tunes. What ever happened to good Saturday morning cartoons? For those of you who work on the weekends, Saturday mornings probably just go by, or you anticipate the work day ahead missing any chance to take a nice relaxing breath before starting another 8 hour work day. For me, I love to relax on the weekends. I try to take it easy before heading to work, but its hard when there is nothing to clear my head. I would love to have a nice laugh before heading to another stressful day on the job, but since the classic cartoons on Saturday morning are no longer in existence, and since I can say all the jokes in "Friends" before they even occur, I find myself missing the days when I had those cartoons available to me. "You never know what you have until it's gone" rings true in this case. That was one of my favorite moments in my younger years.

I'm actually watching a cheap version of what they call football now. I wish they would just keep the sport in its perspective season and not bombard us with this sport. It gives the true football fans a chance to miss it before they actually have the opportunity to watch it again. Its the way it should be. But hence, I can't change the world.

I ended up waking up at 6:30 a.m. after an eventful evening taking a nice long walk to the wonderful Vietnamese Restaurant with Ki Sun for our 7 month. After dinner, we walked around the Klamath County Fair. Not much to see. We walked back and needless to say, he had to work at 7 a.m. that morning. After he left, I was tired so I went to bed for another four hours. Then all of a sudden, he re-appeared! He said it was because he was on his lunch break. I couldn't believe I was asleep for that long. It was as if he never left! You know that feeling when you go to sleep and you think you've only been asleep for 10 minutes and it ends up being 6 hours? That's pretty much how it felt. I'm guessing if my body felt it necessary to have me sleep that long, I must have built up my insomniac nature along the way. But alas, I will have one more of those nights Sunday evening before my final test on Monday. I'm looking forward to that being done with. Then I can celebrate by letting go of all of my aggression and taking a nice long hike, or sleeping. Whichever comes first.

On the walk back, the traffic was so low that all I heard was our footsteps and the bullfrog croaking along the way. The stars were out and the wind was blowing across my face at a soft 60 degrees. At that moment, I realized how fortunate I was to have people who love me. I realized that I came through a lot. I knew I had, but it just hit me at that moment, how much effort I actually put in to get what I wanted and needed to feel the way that I am: Successful. I never quit and I'm so grateful that I had the motivation not to. I could have so easily, but because of my efforts, and because of all the support I received, I now get to experience what I've worked so hard to do. I'm ready for this. It's taken me a while to recognize it, but I'm ready.

1 Comments:

At 12:00 AM , Blogger MOMQUOTE said...

You are officially an adult. It takes that realization to become one. Congrats on all of your accomplishments.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home