Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Sick and Tired...Literally

So I woke up this morning and I could not stop coughing. I debated on whether or not to go to work, if I bought some cold medicine. However, my chest started hurting badly, so I called my mom at 4:30 a.m. her time (sorry Mom!) and asked her if I should go into work. I always need another opinion about these things because I feel guilty for calling in sick.

I ended up calling in at 8 a.m. but didn't hear anything back from work. I assumed that a lot of people called in because of the heavy snow today. Work may have been closed. Who knows.

After I called in, I decided to go to Chapel Hill Urgent Care. Yes, I was driving in the bad snow. The roads were not clear, as we do not have many trucks to clear the roads. Weather here sparsely includes snow. I got to the Urgent Care place, and they were closed. I was pissed. I decided to drive back home as slowly and safely as I could. I slept until 3:30.

I got up at 3:30 and decided to try Chapel Hill Urgent Care again. They were closed the whole day, so I dragged my sick ass down to the Duke Urgent Care. They were open, thank goodness. I made sure to get a doctors note. They told me that I had bronchitis, an upper respiratory infection. The girl that told me said, "Congratulations. You are now the proud owner of an upper respiratory infection, also known as Bronchitis!". She said it with such enthusiasm, I almost thought I won something. Then I quickly realized that my respiratory system hated me. My excitement was now non existant. The chest pain I was experiencing was due to an inflamed respiratory system. Go figure.

It is now almost the end of the day, and the cable went out. I just wanted to watch Fringe. Is that too much to ask? I guess so. Boo on cable for going off without even a single warning. It is not fair.

I will go to work tomorrow. I hate calling in sick. I want to get better. I will soon enough.

1 Comments:

At 11:24 PM , Blogger MOMQUOTE said...

Sorry, you had such a bad day but I hope tomorrow is a much better day.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home