Sunday, February 01, 2009

Habitat for Humanity

Well I attended Habitat for Humanity volunteer event on Friday of last week. I helped build a house for a family in need. The house was in Durham off of Jackson street. It was interesting.

I'm not sick anymore. I just have a little sinus congestion, but I can handle that easier than with my chest hurting and sore throat. I was able to hit my thumb five times with a hammer and get a blister on my right forefinger from holding the hammer. It was still so much fun to actually work for 8 hours instead of answering phones.

They provided food. I had a bagel for breakfast and a turkey sandwich for lunch. It was yummy.

A lot of progress was made and I'm happy to be a part of that. Off to work tomorrow. Yay.

1 Comments:

At 2:43 PM , Blogger MOMQUOTE said...

Glad that you are back in the game. Happy Super Bowl Day!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home