Monday, February 20, 2006

Pain and Hunger

Seem to go hand in hand for me as of lately. I've had this back problem for about five years and ever since I started at Papa Johns again, that pain has become more apparent recently. My appetite has shot up the roof for some odd reason. I don't know. Maybe all the pizza is getting to me:-). Either way, aside from the pain in my back and the constant hunger, I have never been more relaxed. It's ironic really. I'm going through a period of what career is going to be right for me. I'm taking it easy, and thinking about what I like to do in my spare time. I love working, but I like to do recreational stuff too. I guess my job can be considered that to an extent. I get to slap out pizzas, throw them up in the air, make them, cut them, and serve them. It's like playing with silly putty or an easy bake oven. Except it's real food. I've learned that I can't do a sit down job easily at all. I get jittery when I sit for long periods of time, and depressed as well. So this job, for now, livens me up and makes me feel physically active. I like sweating, and working my muscles. I get to do that at work. I get to exercise at work. Not many people on the higher end of the paying pole can say that. For now I'm taking it easy, concentrating on myself and what's best for me. I'm realizing that what's important to me is to do something that I love, and not what job will make the most money from me. I'd rather have a 40,000 year job that I LOVED than a 120,000 a year job that I despised. It's not worth it to me and for many other people, it isn't either. Some people don't realize that and end up working in a job that they hate and have all the money in the world. Money does NOT buy happiness. Money just makes one more comfortable with life situations. It does not make the person inside feel better. I wish some actors and actresses realized that. If I had that much money, of course I'd buy a house. Of course I'd buy a new car. I WOULDN'T throw all my money away to have a mansion. I wouldn't buy 4 different houses if I got bored somewhere. I would definitely travel to experience all the world has to offer. I would learn what I could about the underwater habitat by taking a personal look at it for myself. I would treat myself to "field trips" and learn about the culture of a country by visiting there for a month. I want to experience it all. I hope one day I can do that. But for now, I'll have to settle for being happy for where I am today. That's all we can do. Instead of wishing where we want to go, we need to be happy where we are and how our lives are going. If there is no peaceful nature in thinking about life, then how can one experience all the wonderful NATURAl beauty that is around us every day? We need to think outside the box. Experience nature. Experience it with what we have. Not what we wish for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home