Sunday, June 25, 2006

The weekend comes and goes....

My first weekend came and went just as quickly! I always thought that if you did nothing, then time would go by a lot slower. That's not how this weekend went for me. I had to constantly fight the urge to do something to occupy my time, such as obsessively cleaning my place.

I ended up beginning the day earlier than I had expected, which is generally what happens with me when I wake up earlier, get to bed earlier, and all that jazz. I am hoping that this coming week goes as smoothly as last week.

Body mechanics are hard to change when a set schedule is no longer the same. Mine seem to be confused most of the time as to when to get sleepy and when to stay awake. I think once I get more familiar with the schedule, my body will eventually adapt. At least that's my hope.

Lazy Sunday mornings usually get me ready for the long week ahead. I've learned not to dread tomorrow but to embrace the present and take comfort in the fact that I can relax my mind and body from the constant work it goes through during the week. This is really the only way we keep ourselves sane in the working world before we go completely nuts leading us to dream of the stress that goes on in our daily lives.

I will relax and be content with the thunderstorms and the humidity. I will find happiness in the lazy days and not constantly think, "Is there something I need to get done today?" because I've thought that all too often. This is what gets us through our weeks, with success, and a clear mind for the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home