Friday, July 28, 2006

TGIF?

Weeks just constantly go by so fast that I can't believe 2006 is almost over! This week just flew by like no other week has done.

I wonder if our minds like to play tricks on us, or savor the moment where we don't think of our lives by time and just focus on "the moment". Our sense of time is in our body and our minds. I'm wondering which part of us realize the time change first: Our bodies or our minds. I believe that our minds are just trying to catch up with our bodies. Sometimes we will physically see the results of time, but our mind will inevitably be stunted and still in space somehow.

For this split second, everything has stopped, no time relativity, no movement, no clocks ticking letting us know that our time is running out, or that we will get older, or that work will be finished. Where does the time go?

My current job has me going through the day in what seems to be 30 minutes, when infact, 8 hours has passed. There is consistency in this job, however, I wonder if working faster than I'm used to has any effect on my conception of time. My body knows what time it is: when it's hungry, when it's sleepy, when I need to stretch, and so forth. My brain is just way behind. I am so focused on the moment. I think in some ways, its our brain's way of giving us a break.

We are so obsessed this day in age with time. I know several people who are time addicts. If these people didn't have a clock to refer to, they would go crazy! I would rather just base work days on the environment, that is, if we were allowed to see outside. I think we subconsciously know what time it is in our heads. Have you ever guessed the time with no clock in front of you and you found yourself to be right? I think we have the natural ability to tell time.

We have all had times when we have gotten up with no alarm at the exact time that we were supposed to. I wish I was built that way every day.

Anyway, it's something to think about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home