Monday, June 13, 2005

On the West Coast No More

I got a lot of "You did a great job around here", "We're really gonna miss you around here", "You're an excellent worker" ,"Good luck in the future", and "We appreciate you a lot" when I left my retail job on Friday, June 10th. I expressed that I would be leaving about a month in advance and that June 11th would be my last day. So alas, my retail working days are over. A bitter sweet ending to my employment time on the west coast.

I decided to go on a trip with Ki Sun to visit Bandon, Oregon on the coast one last time. I enjoyed my time walking on the beach and listening to the sound of the water washing over the rocks. We walked around downtown and visited the cheese factory and the fudge factory. We also ate dinner at the Wheelhouse. The trip wouldn't have been complete without that. Sometimes, the scenic moments are best captured on the drive out rather than at the destination point. The redwoods were of particular interest to us and we took plenty of pictures to capture that moment. I will miss the long drives and the wind gusts. I will miss the curvy roads that keep me concentrated. I will miss the mountainous beauty that captures the spirit of the redwoods. I will miss it all but I am ready and willing to experience so much more.

I shall leave you with this thought: "You can experience everything that life has to offer and learn nothing, or you can have one experience that opens your mind to all possibilities."

1 Comments:

At 9:57 AM , Blogger MOMQUOTE said...

And experience means nothing without an open mind to receive it. I will miss you most of all.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home