Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Thank Goodness That's Over With

Greetings all from North Carolina....finally. After a long and hard trip (6 days total), we're here. We left for Modesto on the 16th which was a full day of traveling, then on the 19th, the real fun began. The breaking down 3 times slowed us down a bit. Well, about 2 days. We had a time getting the U-Haul in the first place only to have it break down three times. You'd think they'd make these trucks to go the distance if they are going to allow cross country folks such as ourselves to use it. I guess that's not part of their contract. They'll give us a truck that's DECENT. Decent doesn't have to mean "functional for 6 days". But enough of my complaining. We got here, moved all our stuff in here and we are finally trying to adjust to the three hour time difference. There are still boxes to be sorted through, but atleast I have the INTERNET NOW! It's exciting. One thing I've been looking forward to all week.

Today is Ki Sun's birthday. He's the big 26! Seems really hard to believe since he acts nothing like his age. Well, I guess I don't either at times. He just loves embracing his childlike self. I'll be nice and let him get away with it today:-). Seeing as how I became broke when we finally got here, he'll just have to settle for a nice dinner and some ice cream as I can not afford much more. There is much to do and a lot to see. I can't cover it in one week but I'm sure over the next few months, I should get to know where all the good places to hit are. To all my family and friends, thank you so much for your support I am here safe and sound in my new apartment. Now all I have to do is start work July 5th! We'll see how that goes.

1 Comments:

At 12:53 AM , Blogger MOMQUOTE said...

Hooray! And happy birthday Ki! Job well done you two. Glad you are on the net again. And you know how I feel about UHAUL. They literally put people's lives in danger. They should be sued and dissolved. I know you will be glad to start making money. But let us know if you need food money or something. You done good.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home