Sunday, July 24, 2005

Sleep Schedule Work!

So I have been in North Carolina for a total of 1 month so far. I have learned from being over here that there is more to life than pizza and retail, and that bus rides are an exceptional way of saving money in this big city. Three cities in one to be exact.

Other forms of adaptation include working in the morning and not in the evening, and going to bed around 9 p.m. so that I can wake up bright and early at 5 a.m. to catch the bus at 7 a.m. I am happy to say that I have succesfully mastered the time difference from west coast to east coast along with my eight hour sleep schedule every night. I can't say I'm much of a friday night partier because of it, but my schedule has served me well none the less. Weekends are now finally a time for me to relax and be care free. I have been so used to working on the weekends that I forgot how nice it is to have the weekends all to myself, to do as I wish with that time. I also am in a mostly liberal community which is a nice change. There is a lot to do here on the weekends such as go to dinner and jazz, dancing lessons, listening to "poetry in motion", go to 1 of the 3 different farmers markets around this area, and of course, listening to various orchestras around town. All require money, but it's money well spent. This weekend, Ki Sun and I went to see "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory". I thought it was a really well done movie. I would love to hear other opinions.

But I digress, because of my new sleep schedule, I find it hard to sleep in on the weekends like I so often did when I first got here. Today, I got up at 6:30 a.m. wondering why I don' t take the opportunity to get more sleep. Then I think and realize that I went to bed around 9 p.m. and my body didn't need the extra time to rejuvinate. One thing I miss is my afternoon "hour" naps. At work I find myself getting really sleepy even though I had plenty of sleep. Habits break hard, I guess.

On another note, I am still very happy working at the hospital. It is challenging and mentally stimulating for all you who are wondering how that venture of my life goes. We get patients sometimes that are so confusing, three techs are in there trying to figure out the vasculature. This is why I think it would be very hard to get completely "bored" with the job, because everyone is different, and there are so many variations on human vasculature. I will be very happy when I learn all I need to know to perform with as much quality as those who have taught me. I'm very glad to be where I am now.

2 Comments:

At 6:07 PM , Blogger MOMQUOTE said...

Sleep. It's a good thing. It does sound like you are adapting well. I'm glad that there is so much to do there on the weekends. Keep us posted.

 
At 12:29 PM , Blogger Mrowr said...

Sounds like fun over there I am so proud of you Neat you sound like such a smarty with all the vascalaturalature stuff lol. You worked so hard I know you will be great at it. So cool to have weekends off huh lol retail sucks BOOOO! Farmers markets rule now you just need to start buying produce there and become a little chef oui oui!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home