Thursday, August 18, 2005

Craziness!

Yesterday, I witnessed my first really super hectic day on the job. I only performed studies on 6 patients, but I observed one that took 2 hours to perform. I ended up staying at work 2 hours after I was scheduled to get off. By the time I finally left, there were 6 patients still to be done at 6 pm that night. Now that, my friends, is what I call stressful. The vascular techs who had come in at 7 a.m. stayed later than I did. I felt kind of bad in a way, but since I cannot perform all of the studies required yet, I decided to let it go.

So after that hectic day, Ki Sun and I decided to take a walk. We decided that we'd make it longer than our usual 15 minute walk, so our decision was to walk to the nearest "Wendys" to split one combo meal. I took the short way the first time, while Ki Sun decided to take the longer way after we had finished our meal. It was dark outside by that time so we took the well lit areas of the road. It ended up being a 5 mile walk, which I thoroughly enjoyed! What a better way to unwind from a busy work day than taking a nice walk:-). The impressive part of this walk was that there was no sign of humidity. There was a breeze as well! Not just any breeze, but a COOL breeze. That's very unusual for these parts. So to wind up the end of this day, I brushed my teeth, and headed to bed. I slept well.

4 Comments:

At 7:44 PM , Blogger Ravings of Ki said...

Crazy, indeed. It's insane when someone who shows up at seven in the morning is obligated to stay well after everyone else leaves. Of course, that is the life they have chosen. Just one of those things you gotta weigh before leaping into any career. The hope is that the work is worth the sacrifice. Then, it's not so much of a sacrifice.

Me tired.

 
At 7:44 PM , Blogger Ravings of Ki said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:45 PM , Blogger Annita said...

Yoo hoo?

 
At 8:46 PM , Blogger MOMQUOTE said...

You are seeing what a real medical center is like. It can be really hectic sometimes. You learn to go with the flow and stay calm and focused. Make each patient feel like they are the most important patient there. Take a deep breath and get the job done. Pretty long walk you took. Have pitty on your poor feet.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home