Thursday, August 04, 2005

Training, Training, Training

Well I've been through orientation. I was required to go to an hour and a half class explaining how to view patient files on a system two days ago. Now I'm in a 2 day class (8a-5p) oh how to schedule appointments and how to put insurance into the system. Even though I don't HAVE to deal with insurance, I am still required to take the second day of this class, which I am in now, explaining all of this. I wouldn't mind so much if it was interesting somehow. How does someone make these orientation classes something that employees want to attend? I don't mind attending them just because I get to wear my t-shirt and jeans instead of scrubs. But scrubs don't bother me so much simply because it feels like I'm working in pajamas:-). Maybe if the instructors wore clown suits, it would keep us entertained just enough to stay awake through the eight hour day of information. Maybe the instructors should also throw in some unrelated subliminal context to make sure if everyone is paying attention. None the less, just some random thoughts that might make these meetings more interesting for me. Unfortunately, I can't change these training sessions, even though it would be very encouraging and entertaining to attend if these suggestions were implemented!

1 Comments:

At 11:39 AM , Blogger MOMQUOTE said...

It all has to do with making sure everyone that uses the computer system is trained the same. I know how boring those in-services are but it is important that all employees are in compliance with the training. It will happen in other areas too. Like infection control and fire safety and CPR. That may be mandatory on a yearly basis. I just had to learn a different billing system called Cypress on the computer.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home