Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Didn't I Do That Already?

Every day, I have a "routine" as you might call it. I wake up, take a shower, watch TV and eat breakfast, I catch the bus, work and log down the studies that I performed and observed, then I go home taking the same route back on the bus. What does it mean when something within that routine gets altered a little bit? What makes a person remember performing specific minute, insignificant details that havent even happened yet? It's so specific within this routine. It's different, somehow which makes it stand out for us to remember it as it has not happened.

I have had many experiences with this very thing called "Dejavu". I have had many thoughts, conversations, and mental collaborations about this very idea and through this journey, I came up with an idea that makes sense in my mind. Here is my little hypothesis. Within every "Dejavu" is a set path that your mind has derived far before you even imagine it occuring. Now this might seem a bit confusing. I could probably say it better in person. I believe that you choose your path. The path that you choose will lead you to one destination. Our dreams may relate to this somehow in showing us what will become if we take the path that we've set for ourselves. Dejavu may mean that we are in the place that we are supposed to be. We are where our path set us for. That's the short version. The big milestones that change constantly in our lives such as moving, getting married, taking a big trip, are not often in Dejavu's, although they can be. Dejavu's, at least from my experience, are mostly about very insignificant things, like taking the milk out of the refrigerator as you were saying something, or writing something and thinking a specific thing as you write it as someone is saying something to you. Although the comfortable feeling of being somewhere that I have not been before has also crossed my mind for further collaboration. The reason all of this has come to mind is because being here seems so familiar. Just little things catch my attention as if I've already experienced them. Maybe it means something. Maybe I'm where I'm supposed to be. Anyway, I believe that the dejavu's aren't as simple as the public tries to make it. I believe there is a deeper meaning to it all and I will keep exploring all the possibilities.

2 Comments:

At 10:33 AM , Blogger MOMQUOTE said...

I am right with you on this one. Sarah and I have had many conversations about "the path" and you may be absolutely right in your theory. Talk to her when she has time to really get into it with you or we can talk when we see you in October.

 
At 6:34 PM , Blogger Ravings of Ki said...

I agree with your statements.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home