Monday, September 19, 2005

3 Months Left in 2005?!

Where has the time gone? It seems like such a short time ago that I was watching the ball drop on television in times square for the 2005 new year to begin. Have years been going by faster, or have I just been to busy to notice? Is it the older we get, the busier we get, and the less things we notice in every day life? Do we just continue to go along with every day motions that we forget to make days last longer? I don't really think that's possible. It's like our internal clocks are trying to keep up, or slow down with how the day actually goes, which is why we end up saying, "Man, this day has gone by so slow", or "Where has the time gone?". This is all due to us. It's all about control. We wish we could control how time goes, how fast or slow the clock moves to make us feel more comfortable and secure. Some people even think of what they could have done differently this year to make sure that it counts, which is why for some odd reason, we as people feel guilty, or wish we could have done something differently before another year went by, whether that be to make your place neater, or talk to the ones we love sooner. Time goes by every day, but it seems that we, as the public, place a lot of emphasis of those changing numbers of the year. 2006 is almost here, strangely enough. Am I sad, or baffled? I think more baffled than anything. I was so busy moving and getting adjusted. I still need some time for that. I think that the media is really pushing the holidays already, which really makes us think, "Well where did the time go?". I don't really know, but I do know that all of us can make the best out of every day, even if it is the worst day we've had. There's always something to be happy about, or content about. A bad day can always be cured by the love and support of family, and knowing that there is someone out there that cares. Know that you have a roof over your head and a place to sleep. Things are not really as bad as we tend to make them out to be. I'm content just knowing that I'm okay.

1 Comments:

At 11:37 PM , Blogger MOMQUOTE said...

You are OK! Remember that. I was older than you when I was thrust into the clinical world. I had also experienced some life changing things like the death of my father. So, I was the head of the family. You just do the best that you can at the time and hope things will get better. I tended to prepare for the worst scenario and hope for the best.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home