Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Memorial Hall

I have the priviledge of seeing a concert tonight being performed at Memorial Hall. This place was just remodeled and had its grand opening last Sunday on the eleventh of this month. I didn't get to participate in the grand opening, but I'm looking forward to seeing all the improvements that have been made, along with the wonderful music! The technical director actually gave me these free tickets because she was going to Italy. Heck, with how long she's worked, she deserves to enjoy herself. I guess it's a win-win situation for me!

In other news, Ki Sun and I have joined the local Durham Concert Band! The director of the orchestra really adds to the energy and atmosphere of the band. The musicians in the Durham Band exceed my expectations after being in the Klamath Falls band and symphony for 3 years. Bigger area, bigger opportunities, better musicians. We rehearse every Thursday night at 7:30-9:30 p.m. It makes for a really hard Friday morning seeing as how I have to catch the bus to get to work at 6:40 a.m., but I believe that it's worth it just to be involved in the musical community, or to at least step in and get a start at it. Being involved with music helps remind me of who I am and what my desires are in life. My life is like music. I listen to everyone around me and I try not to single myself out. My effort is only as good as those around me. Without all the positive encouragement, my performance would not be as outstanding as it has come to be.

2 Comments:

At 10:58 AM , Blogger MOMQUOTE said...

I am so happy for you. Finally, you get to play up to your standard with a good group of musicians. Maybe we will get to hear you rehearse that Thursday we fly into Durham.

 
At 11:31 AM , Blogger Cassioposa said...

I love how you come up with analogies that are just spot on. Nice observation there. Can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home