Wednesday, September 21, 2005

When You Fall Off A Horse, Get Right Back On!

Well the past few days of work I have found myself stressed beyond belief. I was faced with criticism that I'm not used to and I took that criticism in the worst way possible. I just love this analogy that my older sister Sarah made: "You have this amazing sword, but you don't point it out to fight, you point it in and stab yourself. You use your powers for evil instead of good." And although she paints a pretty picture with these analogies to amuse me, in all fairness, it is the truth. I got kicked down the last few days. Today, I am trying to get through that. I will get back up, and move on. I will not look to the past to re-live my mistakes, but just to live each day the best that I can, and do the BEST that I am capable of doing, while at the same time, not mentally defeating myself in the process. I can do this. I'm confident I can do this. I have the skill and intelligence to succeed in this profession. I just have to believe it internally. Today, hopefully, will be the start of something better to come.

1 Comments:

At 11:00 AM , Blogger MOMQUOTE said...

You've learned the greatest lesson in life. Defend yourself against yourself. We are our own worst critic. Remember the movie,"What the Bleep Do We Know". Positive thinking changes things.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home