Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Bring it on.

Yesterday, I got off of work early to go see the dentist. Long and behold, the dot that was on my right back molar was in fact, a cavity. I had a feeling it was. I'm very aware of any changes to my teeth. It's so weird. About 9 years ago, I had 3 cavities filled in the same visit. I had not remembered how numb the mouth got after a cavity was filled! I do, however, remember biting myself hard when I had my 3 cavities filled. So, I was really super careful, I didn't eat anything, and I only had liquids for the next 3 hours after my filling. It was very irritating not to be able to feel one side of my face. It was very strange to touch the right side of my jaw and mouth and not be able feel it. So I had a little fun with it and rejoiced when I felt tingling in certain areas. This meant that I was getting feeling back, slowly, but surely. The dentist said it would wear off in 2.5 hours when in fact, it didn't totally wear off until after 3 hours. I was lied to! Oh well. I'll forgive them. I have decided from now on to keep up with my dental appointments, because brushing and flossing doesn't prevent cavities, obviously. Especially when you get one that is in one of those crevices that are very difficult to reach with a toothbrush. I'm happy to say that's over with. *Restful Sigh*

1 Comments:

At 1:15 PM , Blogger Cassioposa said...

You are a MUCH better person than I. I have had full coverage dental insurance for 3 years, and I have not been to ONE dentist appointment. Talk about pathetic. If only the scars of previous dentist visits would go away, I might have your courage. That, or a bottle of wine in me beforehand.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home