Thursday, October 06, 2005

"Cold" season already?

It hit me like a ton of bricks yesterday morning when I get up to go to work. My muscles were aching so bad that I had to use my body weight to maneuver myself out of bed. I couldn't take a breath out of my nostrils to save my life. I waddle into the bathroom and realize that even with all the sleep I got the previous night, I still felt like I had only had minimal to no sleep at all. Even though I didn't constantly wake up, I still felt that way. I guess colds just do that to all of us. And perfect timing too....not only do I get a cold, but I get it right before my beloved mother and sister visit me! Oh well. There's not much I can do about that. All I can do is go with the flow and hope that my immune system will fight this off as quickly as possible. I should probably expect to get more readily sick since I am employed at a hospital. My immune system isn't used to all the germs floating around in the air I guess. I ended up taking a bunch of medicine when I returned home yesterday afternoon. Today, I feel a little better. My head feels stuffed, and I can't think very clearly. Smarter people would have stayed home, but I believe that unless I literally can't walk to save my life, and I am nauseated to the point of wanting to vomet air out of me, I will go to work. I am stubborn. I am not too proud to admit that. I will push through until I can push no more. I am looking forward to feeling better soon! Send me your good wishes for future days to be brighter!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home