Monday, October 17, 2005

The Holidays Are Approaching

I find it hard to believe that I am actually thinking of Thanksgiving and Christmas this early in the game, but it's hard to ignore when Halloween stuff is already in retail stores, with Christmas stuff correlating with it. It puts a smile on my face to see cute ornaments and decor for the Christmas holiday and for any holiday for that matter. I would have to say that Easter is the one holiday I don't get that excited about because I know that its the last holiday before Halloween comes. I totally lost track of time, and I don't have enough finances to decorate my place up for Halloween. It would only be worth it if we had trick or treaters. I guess I'll find out now won't I! I would like to at least get a nice faux Christmas tree to put me in a little bit of the spirit. I still have yet to figure out what my plans are for Thanksgiving. Can you believe that it's only 2 weeks until November?! Where has the time gone? This year has been one of the quickest ending years of all time, by far. Most likely due to the fact that I moved cross-country this year. Planning and business have their ways of making us unaware of the time passing. It's kind of sad in a way. It makes me feel nastalgic in a way. Perception of time is different for everyone. This year went by really fast for me when it could have gone by super slow for another. Another person might have just wondered when this year was FINALLY going to end, when I'm feeling like I didn't get a chance to experience it as much as I hoped. When a lot of activity is going on for one person in a given year, the time passing is not a factor in thinking. I don't know really how to change this, or how to make our minds think differently to notice enough to have a good sense of relative time. Anyway, it's just something to ponder for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home