Saturday, October 01, 2005

The Weekend.

How does one have a productive weekend and actually have it feel like a significant amount of time? My weekends don't seem that long, and I think they should feel longer. Can this be accomplished by filling my day up with things to do, or just to do nothing and watch the hours go by? I've tried both in between the extremity of both situations and none have brought me to the conclusion that the weekend would last any longer just because I wanted to somehow alter time to make myself feel as though the weekend time took forever to end. Although I have not the power to alter time, I hope to make the best of my time off by being SOMEWHAT productive, whether that be studying up on information that I'm interested in, or playing my instrument. One would say that relaxing is the most productive thing a person who is bombarded with busy days can do. Getting sleep and rejuvinating oneself is the most productive way to be most responsive in the career that challenges your intelligence to a new level, and forces you to be quick witted, and instinctive. I'm sure that's probably true to some extent. I'm sure that being relaxed after a hard stressful week is easy for a lot of people. For some reason, being relaxed is not easy for me. I always have to be doing something, otherwise, I believe that my day has been completely unproductive, and my happiness in the day is a result from how I occupied myself.

Right now, I am feeling "blah". I don't know any other way to say that, but I'm sure that someone can relate to that feeling. It's the feeling when you don't feel happy, you don't feel sad, sick, content, ill, ordinary, or excited. It's the expression of feeling when you don't know exactly how to express what your feeling. So in response to explaining what you are feeling, the word "blah", a word that has no meaning, is verbalized. I think it explains very well a feeling that has no word associated with it. So to end my rant, I will say this: feel what you feel and know no pressure from the outside world to conform you to define your feelings. Not all feelings have a word associated with it and that's fine. Be yourself. Be one with your feelings. Understand and respect them in all aspects of your life.

P.S. Have a great birthday Darin!

3 Comments:

At 1:04 PM , Blogger MOMQUOTE said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:15 PM , Blogger MOMQUOTE said...

Washington is playing Seattle. Bake some cookies. Rent a movie or go to a movie. Make the weekend pleasure filled. A laid back weekend regenerates you.

 
At 3:20 PM , Blogger Cassioposa said...

Hey Neet - I read the part where you described how relaxing is hard for you, and when you aren't productive, it's hard to feel happy about the day. I laughed out loud, and then read it to Kevin.

I said, "Gee, where have you heard that one before?"

"I'm thinking it's from her obsessive compulsive older sister. You always said you'd hope your sisters would follow some of your examples."

"Yeah, but I thought'd she'd be more selective. I guess some things really do run in the family."

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home