Friday, October 21, 2005

Happy World?

So how many people in the world do you suppose are oblivious to what's going on in the world? Who is completely aware and has the mood to show for it? How can we enjoy the simple things, when the big things keep getting so much worse? I don't know how to really truly enjoy weekends anymore. I am in such a routine, it seems like weekends go by too quickly. So what am I going to do on a Friday night? Not as much as you think a 24 year old woman might do. No, I won't be staying out late. No I won't go out for dinner and a movie. No, I won't be going over to a friend's house to hang out. Do you have another guess? Well, like other fellow hermits such as myself, I will be at home, having my nose in a book, studying for my test next week, and writing my case study. Sure I'll exercise, just to get it out of the way, so I can say in this day somewhere, that I have done something "fun" and "good for myself", but for overall atmospheric change for the evening, I'd say that has a slim to none chance of succeeding. I'll do my part and keep up with the cleaning, laundry, dishes and so forth. I am feeling a major downer partly due to what's happening in the world. I'm not oblivious to whats going on. I keep up with the news no matter how much it pisses me off. We aren't solving anything. We aren't getting out of this complete and utter mess that we have made for ourselves. And what do we do? Make more problems to put on top of the old problems with the government saying, "No, this very bad idea will fix the other bad idea". It never works! Why must we keep putting ourselves in this situation? Why do they think Americans want to live this way? So for this reason, it's hard for me to concentrate on the simpler things in life; It's hard for me to look the other way when there are problems out there that aren't even being broadcasted. It's very difficult for me to ignore situations such as these and live in my own little world, saying things are just perfect, when they're not. Even in the perfect world, perfection will never come to surface. Granted, I do have a natural hermitt-like nature, and granted, I don't get out much. And honestly, if I did have the chance to get out and do something with a big group, sure I could forget about all this stuff for a little while, but in the long run, it won't amount to much unless these problems are considered, looked at closely, and dealt with in a sophisticated manner. I can guarantee that is not going to happen anytime soon. What a dreary world this has become. My weekend will be as good as I can hope. That's all we have.

2 Comments:

At 12:27 AM , Blogger MOMQUOTE said...

Yes, I know I bitch about the world. It is not what we choose for it to be. We have to focus on the little pleasures in life. You can treat yourself in little ways that help your self esteem and ease the stress a little. Remember, the weekend is your time, nobody elses. It is yours to spend as you please. Spoil yourself a little on the weekends. It helps.

 
At 1:24 PM , Blogger Cassioposa said...

Well, I doubt many people have rainbows flying out of their butt these days. Any concerned citizen can easily find dramatic reasons to be on either side of the fence about the world today.

Concern is great. Educated concern is even better. And yet, it can bring out the most obsessive parts of us, when things just seem ridiculous. Just remember to remain the authority on how much you dedicate your emotions to the bigger picture. If the return on your emotional investment is next to nothing, it doesn't deserve to monopolize all your spare time thoughts.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home